Monday, June 4, 2012

Meme- Jenny Marx's Survey

This thingy dates from the 1860s and was written by Jenny Marx, Karl Marx's daughter. She sent it to her exciting communist pals to fill out, apparently for the sheer fun of it.Here's the answers of a few of my Doll characters from Dun Elisedd, if we assume/pretend we could get them to answer these.

Answers for Kevya, my IH Barron hybrid.

The quality you like best in a man:
Integrity. Honesty, character and keeping his word.

The quality you like best in a woman:
Kindness.

Your chief characteristic:
People say I'm dangerous.

Your idea of happiness:
A hillside by the sea, a flock to watch after, and no wolves coming. Either that, or a windy afternoon out in the forest with Lir, hunting.

Your idea of misery:
The cell on the island of Rilvomar where I spent so many years chained and treated like an animal.

The vice you detest the most:
Sadism.

The vice you excuse the most:
Cowardice. Some things are too much to ask anyone to face.

Your chief aversion:
I don't like chains, or being tied up.

Your favourite literary or historical character:
Athero made the peace with Elisedd, the first King.

Your favourite occupation:
Being Lir's Guard.

Your favourite writer:
Ian has been writing down some old Verdani stories.

Your favourite flower:
Crocus. It blooms in the snow.

Your favourite colour:
Blue

Your favourite dish:
Lamb stew and Verdani flat bread

Your favourite motto:
Serve

Answers for Prince Lir, my Soom Lupin

The quality you like best in a man:
Honesty. The air is so thick with ulterior motives around here I could cut it with a knife.

The quality you like best in a woman:
Patience, and a tolerance for my idiosyncracies.

Your chief characteristic:
I like to hope I am thoughtful.

Your idea of happiness:
An evening by the fire with a good book or a fine story, good music, and close friends around.

Your idea of misery:
I felt rather sorry for myself when I came home to find my family gone and our homeland so ravaged, but I've also seen the state of things further south, like on Rilvomar, and the condition of rampant crime and slavery there was horrifying.

The vice you detest the most:
A hunger for power over other men. The man who wants power is the man who least deserves to have it. Heh, I guess that bodes well for my own reign.

The vice you excuse the most:
Cowardice. I agree with Kevya- Some things are just horrible, and you can't fault a man for simply not being able to face them.

Your chief aversion:
Seeing others in pain or in trouble. I have to help as much as I can, I can't leave them like that.

Your favourite literary or historical character:
Elisedd, my famous ancestor and the founder of my Royal Lineage. He built this castle I call home.

Your favourite occupation:
Learning. I love to read.

Your favourite writer:
Cadogan the Chronicler wrote some of our better histories.

Your favourite flower:
My mother had a rose garden, and even after she was gone the servants kept it up. It made Father happy to see her roses bloom every year.

Your favourite colour:
Green

Your favourite dish:
Almond pudding

Your favourite motto:
Knowledge is the key to the world. 


Answers for Davan, My Iplehouse Taregan

The quality you like best in a man:
Strength, and the sense to obey

The quality you like best in a woman:
A buxom figure and a certain something when seduced.

Your chief characteristic:
I am rather clever, I do admit. I enjoy thinking.

Your idea of happiness:
My little empire expanding, my servants carrying out my orders, fine parties, a woman on my arm and in my bed, and a good vintage of wine.

Your idea of misery:
Being a penniless filthy peasant.

The vice you detest the most:
Incompetence. I have no use for useless people.

The vice you excuse the most:
Hedonism is merely what the repressed envy and the honest enjoy.

Your chief aversion:
I do not enjoy being dirty. I prefer to be well groomed and clean.

Your favourite literary or historical character:
Me. I am making history.

Your favourite occupation:
Merchant Lord. It's a lucrative position, and I rule my island like a king.

Your favourite writer:
Teris Shan wrote a beautiful collection of poems, as well as a definitive work on the effects of various methods of torture.

Your favourite flower:
River Lilies, or perhaps jasmine.

Your favourite colour:
Red, or gold.

Your favourite dish:
Young quail in spiced wine and orange sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment